Urban beach home is a project designed by Egue y Seta in 2016, covers an area of 40m2 and is located in Barcelona, La Barceloneta.
Whether you like it or not, Barcelona, for many non-locals, is also, a beach. A beach bathing the shores of an open-air museum, a coast line bursting with tapas bars and the seafront of a real city with its very own customs and history. But always, even more so during the summer, a beach. A beach that attracts real estate investors who want to turn the whole into a touristic resort, but also a spot that catches the eye and stills the heart of young couples in love that, in the antipodes of the above, try to capture the very essence of the Barcelonian´s way of life in a few square meters with a view to turn them into their own summer private retreat. This was the case of Jacques and Hannes and their cozy little flat in the heart of the traditional fisherman´s neighborhood of La Barceloneta.
Forty square meters allow for much when you´re talking about two. Two inhabitants, two guests or two months maximum period of summery stay. However, space optimization never hurts. And therefore, the new lay out of the home, has wanted to tear down the walls of old bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom and hallways to shape instead only three segregated but visually connected spaces.
Photographer: VICUGO FOTO
- Suite for 10 by Egue y Seta
- The furnished Void by Egue y Seta
- Living by the market by Egue y Seta
- From the Seine to the Mediterranean by Egue y Seta
- A Coruña for rent by Egue y Seta
- Flat in the heart of Ljubljana by GAO architects
- Apartment in Benicassim by Egue y Seta
- HP´s Haute Printing by Egue y Seta
- A live-in tale in Madrid by Egue y Seta
- Leamington Town House by Peter Staunton
The post Urban beach home by Egue y Seta appeared first on MyHouseIdea.